The national self-service auto-part retailer/recycler, with locations in 34 markets throughout US driving tens of thousands of calls per month. With such high call volume, we recommended doing a deeper dive to into measuring the attribution against the media spend. As the adage goes, “50% of the advertising is working. We just don’t know what 50%.”
It was imperative to improve efficiency within their media budget the client needed a better understanding of:
- What media drove their calls
- Who was calling
- When they were calling
- Are they qualified calls
- The campaign is aimed at lower-income consumers
- Ethnic mix of buys are based on market population
- The client uses the same vanity number across all markets and various platforms
- Despite the volume of calls, there was not enough granular call data to identify market level trends
We converted two test markets from targeted reach and frequency style buys into a traditional Direct Response model.
The vanity number was replaced with unique toll free numbers on every station.
Based on call data analysis we were able to identify what stations delivered:
- Highest call volume
- Times of day and days of week with greatest call volume
- Call duration that suggest more qualified calls
- Ethnic breakout (African American, Hispanic, Anglo)
- Conversion from call – to qualified lead – to acquisition
This data was used to eliminate poor performing stations, test new stations and enhance top performers.
Within the first 6 months of the test campaign the client is enjoying:
- 25% reduction in their cost per call
- 37% reduction in cost per qualified lead
- 27% reduction in their acquisition cost